I have been obsessed with watching Jeffree Star's You Tube channel recently, I love how refreshingly honest he is and one brand which I noticed he has been using for years is Morphe. February saw the release of the first ever Jeffree Star x Morphe Collaboration and I just knew I needed it in my life!
The collaboration includes a Brush Collection and a Beauty Sponge Trio. Starting with the Brush Collection, it came in cute hot pink packaging, with Jeffree's eyes on the front and includes seven custom eye and face brushes which are housed in a pink and holographic zip-up makeup case. The brush collection consists of both synthetic and natural brushes and the handle design is very Jeffree - they are spiky and metallic pink and have the Morphe x Jeffree Star logo on each one along with the brush number.
The brushes you receive are;
* JS1 Size Queen Brush (Synthetic) - A rounded, large head which blends, buffs and covers with foundation perfectly. This brush is super soft and has a domed head.
* JS2 Point-Blank Precision Brush (Synthetic) - This powder brush has long bristles to fit every contour of the face and is great for all-over setting.
* JS3 Iconic Contour Brush (Synthetic) - This contour brush has small, dense bristles making it super easy to perfect your contour, whether you are using powder, cream or liquid products.
* JS4 Fly High Brush (Natural) - You know Jeffree had to include a highlighter brush! This is a natural-bristled brush which applies both liquid and powder highlighter super prettily.
* JS5 Crease Kween Brush (Natural) - For eyeshadow, this brush contains longer bristles so you can reach your crease and blend out to perfection.
* JS6 Rule Blender Brush (Natural) - This eyeshadow brush has bristles of varying lengths so you can work it for chiseled eye looks, packing on glittery shadows and much more.
* JS7 Double Trouble Brush (Synthetic) - This double-ended brush has a brow spoolie at one end and an angled bristle side to apply brow products with.
I am really happy with this set, as you get a brush to cover pretty much every makeup need and even though I bought this in a set, the brushes are available individually.
When it comes to beauty sponges, I must admit I have always been very loyal to beauty blender, but I thought I should push myself out of my beauty sponge comfort zone and try the Morphe ones. The Jeffree Star x Morphe Beauty Sponge Trio, believe it or not, contains three beauty sponges - one large and two small and are of course pink.
The Highlight & Contour Beauty Sponge contains a chiselled edge which is great for contouring, highlighting and baking and at first, to me, it felt a little dense, but once I soaked it in a little water it definitely softened up. I haven't yet tried it for highlighting and contouring but for applying my liquid foundation it worked really well and there was certainly no streaks or patches.
Onto the other two mini sponges and these are a little softer to touch and are perfect for concealing around the eyes, as they two have that chiselled edge like the larger sponge. I love applying liquid highlighter with these two as it works much better than using a brush.
In comparison with other brush collaborations and brand makeup brushes, I think the price point for the Morphe x Jeffree Star collection really is great. The Brush Collection costs £48 (for the seven brushes and makeup bag) and the Sponge Trio costs £16. As mentioned, the brushes are available individually but unfortunately the entire collaboration is currently sold out online but be sure to sign up with Morphe online here to be kept updated as to when they are going to restock.
All the Loves,
Post a Comment